The all-new second edition of Above Ground Bulk Storage Tank Emergencies is here! Preview a sample chapter from this exciting new resource today.
Check out a sample chapter from the Second Edition:
To learn more about this dynamic resource or to order your copy, visit http://go.psglearning.com/hmestorage.
What's New in the Second Edition?
Above Ground Bulk Storage Tank Emergencies, Second Edition is designed to meet the general requirements for handling above ground storage tank emergencies as describe i the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Standard 472: Competence of Responders to Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Incidents, 2018 Edition. In addition, the textbook provides the knowledge competencies in Chapter 16: Competencies for Hazardous Materials Technicians with a Flammable Liquids Bulk Storage Specialty.
The Second Edition contains comprehensive content covering:
- Codes, Standards, and Regulations that govern above ground storage tanks.
- Details Tank Design and Construction Features for the following:
- Fixed (Cone and Dome) Roof Tanks
- Open (External) Floating Roof Tanks
- Covered (Internal) Floating Roof Tanks
- Vertical Low Pressure Storage Tanks
- Horizontal Low Pressure Storage Tanks
- Fireground Operations covers the fundamental concepts of the incident management system and its application at a petroleum storage tank emergency. Focusing on the primary responding agencies and the strategic and tactical decision-making.
- Firefighting Foam, Water Supply, and Fire Protection requirements for selecting an extinguishing agent and establishing a water supply to protect exposures and carry out fire attack and extinguishment.
- Tactical Response Guidelines provides guidance on how to size-up specific types of storage tank fires, evaluate their hazards and risks, and handle various types of tank emergencies.
Take a sneak peek of Above Ground Bulk Storage Tank Emergencies, Second Edition:
Questions? Contact your dedicated Public Safety Specialist today.