Look inside the Fifth Edition today:
Tell Me More!
Designed for use within courses based on the Fire and Emergency Services Higher Education (FESHE) Occupational Safety and Health for Emergency Services model curriculum, Occupational Safety and Health in the Emergency Services, Fifth Edition provides a comprehensive overview of the many components of occupational safety and health for the emergency services. This textbook provides a historical look at industrial safety and health and how history has impacted the emergency services by providing a safer work environment that reduces first responder deaths and injuries.
Occupational Safety and Health in the Emergency Services features a laser-like focus on fire fighter health and safety and details how to stay safe and healthy in a high-risk environment and includes:
- Thorough coverage of the “16 Fire Fighter Life Safety Initiatives” with emphasis on the positive impact these Initiatives can have when implemented.
- Case studies, review and discussion questions, and additional resources for each chapter.
- Safety at the Medical Emergency and Safety at the Rescue Emergency now covered in separate chapters.
- Discussion of NFPA standards related to safety and health added, including timely issues such as active shooter/hostile event response (ASHER), reducing exposure to fireground toxic contaminants and decontamination procedures, and atypical stress events for first responders.
- New discussion of the Public Safety Officers’ Benefits (PSOB) program
To learn more about this dynamic resource or to order your copy, visit go.psglearning.com/oshes5e.