Now is your chance to experience Pediatric Education for Prehospital Professionals (PEPP), Revised Third Edition. Take a look inside this exciting resource today.
Check out two sample chapters ("Shock" and "Trauma") from the Revised Third Edition today:
To learn more or to order a copy, please visit: http://go.psglearning.com/pepp3erevised.
Tell Me More!
Pediatric Education for Prehospital Professionals (PEPP), Revised Third Edition is a comprehensive source of trusted prehospital medical information for the emergency care of infants and children. PEPP is designed to give prehospital professionals the education, skills, and confidence they need to effectively treat pediatric patients. Developed by the American Academy of Pediatrics, PEPP specifically teaches prehospital professionals how to better assess and manage ill or injured children.
PEPP combines comprehensive medical content with dynamic features and an interactive course to fully prepare prehospital professionals to care for children in the field.
The Revised Third Edition features:
- Coverage of the 2015 CPR and ECC Guidelines
- Content that addresses every pediatric-specific competency statement in the National EMS Education Standards
- Shock and resuscitation content is covered in two separate chapters, providing detailed discussions on the special considerations of pediatric patients
- Content written by a top-flight EMS author team working in conjunction with AAP physician reviewers to ensure an exceptional medical resource with a “street” focus
- Free eBook included with every printed copy of the Revised Third Edition
Additional features include:
- The Pediatric Assessment Triangle (PAT): Represents the essence of the PEPP patient assessment method, which includes assessing appearance, work of breathing, and circulation to the skin
- The Patient Assessment Flowchart: Provides students with an easy-to-understand reference of the pediatric patient assessment process
- Case Studies: Provide an opportunity for critical thinking and encourage students to consider how they would treat a similar case in the field
- Procedures: Provide written step-by-step explanations and visual summaries of important BLS and ALS pediatric skills
Pediatric Education for Prehospital Professionals (PEPP) is developed by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) in association with the Public Safety Group.